Terminate the Unconstitutional Activities of the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Resolution
by the Constitution Party National Committee – October 2001 – Bloomington, Minnesota.
Whereas, Throughout recorded history most men have lived under conditions of slavery and despotism imposed by governments under Pharaohs, Kings, Czars, Führers, Commissars, Dictatorships, Democracies, etc.; and
Whereas, The greatest threat to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is tyrannical and abusive government; and
Whereas, The Republic established by the written United States Constitution was designed with checks and balances and separations of powers to protect the people against the natural tendency of all government to become abusive and tyrannical; and
Whereas, Congress has authorized and allowed the bureaucratic Drug Enforcement Agency to manifest many abuses of power, including:
- The combination of executive, judicial, and legislative powers in the hands of arbitrary, capricious, and unelected bureaucrats.
- The arbitrary confiscation of property without due process of law.
- The violation of rights of the people enumerated in the Bill of Rights, including:
- The right to keep and bear arms;
- To be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects;
- The right to a speedy and public trial;
- The right to face one’s accusers;
- The protection of Common Law;
- No excessive bail or fines imposed.
- No cruel or unusual punishments inflicted;
- Federal intrusion and usurpation of law enforcement authority properly belonging to the State and Local Government;
Whereas, The Federal Courts of our nation are now overloaded, bogged down, and hamstrung by drug cases of which carry mandatory sentences, thus preventing the Courts from conducting their proper business to mete out justice for the people in an expeditious manner; and
Whereas, Prisons and jails are now overloaded and overpopulated, thus increasing the tax burden on honest, law abiding citizens, and increasing criminal activities in and out of prison, including riots and disruption within prison walls; and
Whereas, Drug abuse is in and of itself a plague that ravages the nation; and
Whereas, Criminalization of drug abuse at the Federal level of government has not resolved the problems but has complicated and increased the drug problem; and
Whereas, Particularly the unconstitutional Federal domestic War on Drugs is a never ending financial drain on the honest, law abiding taxpayers; and
Whereas, The threat of tyrannical government in the name of the “DRUG WAR” is destroying the liberty of the people, and constitutes a clear and present danger; therefore
Resolved, We call upon Congress to publicly investigate the manner in which all funds and authority granted by Congress to the DEA and other agencies involved in the so-called War on Drugs are used, and to terminate authority and funding of any and all unconstitutional activities; and
Resolved, That the Constitution Party call upon God and the moral leadership of our nation to lead our people back to self-government and moral restraints and away from tyrannical government and immoral practices that enslave and destroy people.